Partly Cloudy, 77 F
Thu - Partly Cloudy. High: 94 Low: 77
Fri - Thunderstorms. High: 89 Low: 76
Sat - Scattered Thunderstorms. High: 90 Low: 75
Sun - PM Thunderstorms. High: 88 Low: 75
Mon - Scattered Thunderstorms. High: 88 Low: 74
Full Forecast at Yahoo! Weather
(provided by The Weather Channel)
• The Sixth Annual Spooky Science Fest will be held 6 to 10 p.m. at Estero Llano Grande State Park, 3301 S. International Blvd., Weslaco. There will be educational activities, crafts, a kids’ costume contest, night hikes, live animals, spooky stories, science experiments and more. Cost is $5 for adults and $2 for children 12 and under. Call 565-3919 for other information.
• The International Museum of Art & Science is offering a mask making craft class for children in two sessions: 1:30-3 p.m. and 3:30-5 p.m. Children must be between the ages of 5 and 13 and accompanied by a parent or guardian. Cost is $10 for IMAS members and $12 for non-members and includes all materials. Pre-registration is encouraged due to limited space. Call 682-0123 for information.
• Mission Regional Medical Center, 910 S. Bryan Road, is hosting their Annual Halloween Safety Fair and will be distributing candy and safety tips to trick-or-treaters from 6 to 8 p.m. Several hospital departments and other organizations will decorate booths and dress up in costumes to pass out candy and information. There will be a costume contest beginning at 6:45 p.m. Other participants include the Mission Police and Fire Departments. The police will offer fingerprinting identification for the first 200 children. More than 2000 participated last year.
• The Carnival of Fright Halloween festival will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. each date at the Monte Vella Bike Trail and Park at W. Alton Gloor Blvd., north of Military Highway in Brownsville. Admission is $3. There will be food booths, arts and crafts, trick-or-treating, a costume contest for children and adults with cash prizes. Proceeds benefit Ambassadors of Friends which provides elderly with blankets, hearts and socks during the winter. Call 350-2844 for information.
• The Edinburg World Birding Center is hosting “Spooktacular Crafts” on the Center’s “free” Saturday. Visitors may walk the grounds and create nature-inspired Halloween crafts from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 381-9922 for more information. The EWBC is located at 714 S. Raul Longoria Rd. in Edinburg.
• The City of McAllen Parks and Recreation’s “Haunted Pool” runs from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Municipal Pool on Bicentennial. There will be haunted canoe rides, games, contests, candy and more. A costume contest with first through third place prizes will be given for the scariest, cutest, and most creative costumes. Admission is $2 per person. Call 681-3333 for information.
• The City of Harlingen will host their second annual “A Spooktacular Halloween in the Park” 6 to 9 p.m. at Rangerville Park, 1101 Rangerville Road. The event includes a haunted trail, trick-or-treat booths, business booths, Halloween egg hunt, Zumba performances, kids’ slides, games and more. Admission and parking is free.
|< Prev||Next >|
The Progress Times is the hometown newspaper for the local communities of Mission, Sharyland, Alton, Palmview, La Joya and surrounding areas in Western Hidalgo County. We have a staff of veteran reporters who work diligently every week to bring our readers the latest news as it affects their hometown area and people.