- Pepe Aguilar performs at State Farm Arena in Hidalgo with doors opening at 7 p.m. for an 8 p.m. performance. Tickets range from $49 to $150 and are on sale at ticketmaster.com, by calling 800-745-3000 or through the Arena Box Office. Call 843-6688 for information.
- The Got Faith Concert Series hosts Jeremy Camp with Jason Castro for a performance at the McAllen Convention Center, 700 Convention Center Blvd. beginning at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Ticket prices run from $20 to $79 and are available at any ticketmaster.com, by calling 800-745-300 or at the Box Office. Save $5 each when purchasing 10 tickets or more directly from the Convention Center Box Office. Call 358-2755 for information or VIP tickets.
- The Sharyland Athletic Booster Club is planning a fundraising concert featuring Top 40 singing star Chris Wallace at the SHS Rattler Stadium on Business 83 at Shary Road in Mission. The concert features the “Battle of the Bands” with local high school “garage” bands. Tickets for the concert are $10 for general admission and $15 on the field. Tickets are on sale at the following locations: Spikes Ford in Mission; Marcos Burgers and Fries, 2507 E. Griffin Pkwy.; Vitamin Power, 201 Shary Rd.; and Xpress Dental, 2200 Trenton Rd., Suite 3A in McAllen.
- The Mission Historical Museum presents "Poetry Night: Open Mic & Music Event" at the museum’s main building located at 900 Doherty Ave. It kicks off with a poetry writing workshop lead by award-winning poet Richard Givens from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. The evening program begins at 6 p.m. with an open mic and guest poet session and concludes with featured poet, musician and Rio Grande Valley native, Ray Perez, in an eclectic, genre-hopping original poetry and musical performance. Contact the museum office at 580-8646 to pre-register for the free poetry writing workshop. Seating is limited.
- WWE LIVE! returns to State Farm Arena in Hidalgo for one day only at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. John Cena and The Rhodes Brothers take on Bray Wyatt & The Wyatt Family for a six-man, tag team match. They are joined by Big Show, Sheamus, The Shield, Kane and more WWE stars. Tickets range from $15 to $95 and are available through ticketmaster.com, by calling 800-745-3000 or at the Arena Box Office. Call 843-6688 for more information.
- The Roots & Boots Tour, featuring the talents of Sammy Kershaw, Joe Diffie, Aaron Tippin and Darryl Worley, makes a stop at the Pharr Events Center, 3000 N. Cage. Admission for reserved tables, seating 10, is $35 per person. Standing room, general admission is $25. Go to ticketmaster.com or call 800-745-3000 for tickets.
- The Spazmatics, a 1980’s cover band, returns to the Pharr Events Center, 3000 N. Cage for a 7 p.m. performance. Reserved seating is $30; general admission is $20. Go to ticketmaster.com or call 800-745-3000 for tickets.
- Tickets are now on sale for the next Disney on Ice performance at State Farm Arena with the all-new show, “Let’s Celebrate!” Performances are 7:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday; 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Saturday; and 1:30 and 5:30 p.m. on Sunday. The production features more than 50 characters from 16 Disney stories. Tickets start at $15 for the Wednesday opening night performance and range up to $48 for all nights. Ages two and up must have a ticket. All seats are reserved, and tickets are available at ticketmaster.com, by calling 800-745-3000 or the Arena Box Office at 843-6688. For group rates and information, contact Angie Mercado at 843-5521.
- This year’s Vida Verde family festival runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Quinta Mazatlan located at 600 Sunset. It begins with a 7:30 a.m. Run Wild 5K. Those who pay the $10 advance registration receive a free T-shirt. The Run Wild registration form can be found on the Quinta Mazatlan website. The festival will feature cooking demonstrations every hour, hands-on healthy cooking classes for children, five live shows, 30 artist booths, 40 educational exhibitors, food vendors, organic cooking classes, a farmers market, trash fashion show, eco-art projects, health fitness activities, music in the park, rock climbing and more.
The Progress Times is the hometown newspaper for the local communities of Mission, Sharyland, Alton, Palmview, La Joya and surrounding areas in Western Hidalgo County. We have a staff of veteran reporters who work diligently every week to bring our readers the latest news as it affects their hometown area and people.