Mostly Cloudy, 82 F
Sat - Isolated Thunderstorms. High: 100 Low: 79
Sun - Partly Cloudy. High: 100 Low: 77
Mon - Mostly Sunny. High: 98 Low: 77
Tue - Mostly Sunny. High: 100 Low: 78
Wed - Mostly Sunny. High: 102 Low: 79
Full Forecast at Yahoo! Weather
(provided by The Weather Channel)
- American country music singer, songwriter, guitarist Steve Wariner will be in the Valley for a one-night performance at the Pharr Events Center, 3000 N. Cage. The show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets, $20 for general admission and $30 for reserved seating, are available at ticketmaster.com or the Center Box Office in Pharr.
- It’s Omnicon 2014 at the McAllen Convent Center, corner of Ware Rd. and Expressway 83 for a weekend of video games, comics, music and anime. Meet the Rangers from the movie and TV show: David Yost, Katherine Sutherland, Walter Emmanual Jones and Karan Ashley.A two-day pass is $50. The $65 Omnicon Fan Pack offers a two-day pass, and official T-shirt, poster and collectible program. The $80 Omnipass gets you to the head of the line, T-shirt, poster, collectible program and a VIP badge. Go to omnicononline.com to register.
- Nord Boxing presents James “King” De La Rosa vs. Fabian Reyes in “Judgement Day,” a main event for the Texas Middleweight Title. The night includes a seven-flight line-up of matches beginning at 7 p.m. Luis “Flash” Castro is pitted against David Muñoz for the co-main event. Other match-ups include Rolando “Rola” Garza vs. Gregorio Garza; Ricardo “Tato” Lamas vs. Rafael Hernandez; Carlos Treviño vs. Hector “Aguilita” Gutierrez; Roel “Leon” Moreno vs. Jesus “Tiburon” Ledezma; and Enrique Alvarez (challenger to be announced). Erica “Drummerboy” Molina (challenger to be announced) will be featured in a special attraction bout. Reserved seating is $25. VIP table seating is $55 to $75. Tickets are available at ticketmaster.com, the Events Center Box Office or by calling 278-8857.
- Enjoy “Epic” for a free Family Movie Night on the Lawn at the Mission Historical Museum, 900 Doherty Ave. Arrive by 8 p.m. and bring a lawn chair or a blanket to stretch out. Movie snacks can be purchased at the concession stand. The show starts at sundown. Call 580-8646 for further information.
- State Farm Arena in Hidalgo hosts Mexican singing star Marco Antonio Solis for an 8 p.m. performance. Tickets range from $56.50 to $122 and are available at ticketmaster.com.
- Grammy Award winner Dwight Yoakam will be on stage at the Pharr Events Center, 3000 N. Cage, for a 7 p.m. performance. General admission-SRO tickets are $30. Reserved tables are $50. VIP $75 tickets include one item signed by Yoakam, meet-n-greet with photo, two signature guitar picks used by him, and a prime front row ticket. VIP tickets are limited to Tables 6 through 10. Go to ticketmaster.com for tickets.
- “Mr. Peabody and Sherman” is the next featured film for the free Family Movie Night on the Lawn at the Mission Historical Museum, 900 Doherty Ave. Arrive by 8 p.m. and bring a lawn chair or a blanket to stretch out. Movie snacks can be purchased at the concession stand. The show starts at sundown. Call 580-8646 for further information.
- Toby Keith’s “Shut Up and Hold On” tourcomes to the Pharr Events Center, 3000 N. Cage. Special guest Jack Ingram opens the show. Doors open at 2 p.m., and the show starts at 3 p.m. Tickets are $50 for general admission and $85 VIP and are available at ticketmaster.com or the Events Center Box Office.
The Progress Times is the hometown newspaper for the local communities of Mission, Sharyland, Alton, Palmview, La Joya and surrounding areas in Western Hidalgo County. We have a staff of veteran reporters who work diligently every week to bring our readers the latest news as it affects their hometown area and people.